Blog Postings

The postings will be introductions to each of my life lists. The lists themselves will appear in the side margin. I shall do some postings about particular localities and there will also be postings to provide updates every time I add a new species.
Please note that I am not qualified in any aspect of natural history - there will therefore be occasional (or, apparently, in the case of the hoverflies, a lot of) errors.

Friday 3 October 2008

Beetles


I’m not sure how many beetle species have actually made it onto my ‘life list’ over the years but the one in the left-hand column is a basic one with most the main species I have seen.


It adds up to about 94 species but equally interesting to me are the various forms of ladybird of which I have photos of 13 species but dozens more forms of those species.


Many people think of beetles as boring black creatures but they are anything but boring and even the black ones often have wonderful hues of violet, blue or green on their wing cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).